Friday, October 16, 2009

LUNCH DUTY

I have a part-time job working during lunch at Ford Middle School here in Allen, TX. I really enjoy (most days) the job and enjoy trying to learn the names of as many kids as I can remember! I also try to learn things about the kids so that I can have stuff to talk to them about. Think "sales" but for 13 year olds! I remember what it was like when I was their age and I believe that even just a little thing like remembering someones name can make a difference. It is also fun to see all of the kids from our church and make sure that they are staying out of trouble. When our daughter was sick last week one of the vice-principals did my job. Upon my return this week he told me that the kids missed me and wanted to know where "Mr. Anderson" was. Even better, they told him that they thought that it was so cool that I knew their names! Boy did that make my day! I really enjoy working for the school and for Allen ISD and I would love, love, love to find a full-time job with the school district. I hope that It happens!

No comments: