Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Comments you will never hear in a scout meeting

Comments you will never hear in a scout meeting



"Can I please wear my scout uniform to school every day?"

"I've been a scoutmaster for three years and never once had to use the first aid kit.?

"I'm glad I'm not a Beehive advisor. I'll take our gentle boys over those rowdy girls any day."

"Yes, you can bring your three dogs and your shotgun on our next campout."

"Jimmy's going to pass off the cooking merit badge on our campout this weekend. He's preparing rosette canapes, shrimp de jonghe, beef bourguignon and for dessert, chocolate chiffon cake."


"Don't bother raising your hands---just shout out whatever you want to say."


"Stop fighting about who gets to say the closing prayer. Be patient. I promise you'll all eventually get a turn."


"Why don't any of you want to eat one of these fresh hot brownies?"

"Do we have to go out and play basketball now? We'd rather stay in here and work on this tough merit badge for another hour."

"You don't need to be careful while you're whittling, 'cause I've got lots of Band-Aids handy."

"We will now have a demonstration on how to safely start fires with gasoline."


(Latter-Day Saint Wit and Wisdom, p. 100-101)

No comments: