Friday, October 16, 2009

HONESTY

Yesterday while working at Ford Middle School a student came up to me and said that he found some money. At first it looked like a one dollar bill but upon opening it up it turned out to be $16.01! I was so amazed that this boy turned in that much money instead of keeping it! What would we have done? "Finders keepers, losers weepers"? We all think that we would do the right thing but what would we do if no one was looking? Or if no one knew? What if we were broke would it be OK to keep it? We know of the good and bad that we do in life and we have to live with the things that we do. Did I choose the right today? Sometimes we look at the quick and easy road instead of the long and bumpy road. I know that there was a time when I thought that way. I have not always done right and I have to live with that. The things that I did wrong did not pay off in the long run. I am so grateful that a young boy reminded me of what is right. More so that there is still good in this crazy world.

No comments: