Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Comments You Will Never Hear In A Priesthood Meeting

Comments You Will Never Hear In A Priesthood Meeting


"I was so embarrassed when I saw Jackson walk in wearing a pinstripped suit exactly like mine."

"We're handing around a sign-up sheet to petition the bishop for a men's Enrichment night. It's not fair that the sisters get one and we don't."

"The bishop is rewarding the quorum with the highest percentage of home teaching done this quarter with $300 for the budget. Let's beat the high priests and party!"

"I've been nervously preparing this lesson for four weeks."


"I hope you like the flowers I brought for the centerpiece. They're from my own garden."


"Our lesson next week is 'Cooking better barbecues with wine.'"


"My nails look awful today. I've got to stop changing the oil in my car on Saturday nights."


"We've been having better family home evenings ever since Janice learned the rules of football."

"We've been getting lots of complaints about our persistent home teaching visits, so we're asking you to not go out this month."


(Latter-Day Saint Wit and Wisdom, p. 116)

No comments: